Easy Recipe For Whole Wheat Bread
Makes 5-6 loaves.
- 6 cups Warm Water
- 2/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Yeast
- * 3 tbsp Dough Enhancer
- * 3 tbsp Vital Wheat Gluten
- 10-12 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- (6-8 cups wheat yields 10-12 cups flour)
* Recommended but not required
- Mix well water, oil, honey, yeast, dough enhancer, salt, & vital wheat gluten.
- Add whole wheat flour until dough cleans the sides of the bowl and comes up from the bottom. Do not add more flour at this point. Dough should be very sticky at this time.
- Knead on speed (1-2) for 8 minutes or until the gluten has been developed.
- Slightly oil hands and counter and turn dough out onto counter.
- Divide dough with dough divider into loaves.
- Shape loaves and place in well-greased or sprayed pans. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until inside temperature is at 180 degrees (use Intstant Read Thermometer).
I've been a customer of Kodiak Health for years. I don't consider myself a great chef. When I purchased my Wonder Mill I asked for a simple recipe for wheat bread. They gave me an easy recipe that turns out great every time. I still don't consider myself much of a chef, but my family thinks I'm great!
This is not only my first whole wheat bread recipe, this is my first bread recipe period. I like to use about 2/3 whole wheat flour and 1/3 white flour for a lighter loaf. Because of the great taste people have actually compared this bread to candy. This really is an easy recipe for great tasting whole wheat bread.